- The Armed Forces Foundation – www.ArmedForcesFoundation.org. The Armed Forces Foundation is a non profit organization that started in 2010 and is dedicated to providing comfort and solace to members of the military community through financial support, career counseling, housing assistance and recreational therapy programs. Vital programs are offered to active-duty and retired personnel, National Guard, Reserve components, and their loved ones. This website is full of wonderful assistance options for vets/families along with applications for assistance that are only 4 pages long! Go to AFF Programs to get more specific information.
- Air Compassion for Veterans – www.aircompassionforveterans.org Wounded warriors and their families are provided FREE medically related flights.
- Camp Corral https://campcorral.org/
The mission of Camp Corral is to transform the lives of children of wounded, injured, ill and fallen military heroes by providing a unique summer camp experience.
- Caring Bridge – www.caringbridge.org CaringBridge provides free websites that connect people experiencing a significant health challenge to family and friends, making each health journey easier.
- Children of Wounded Warriors – http://childrenofwoundedwarriors.com/ Grants are available to all American families no matter where they reside so their children can enjoy activities that enrich their spiritual and emotional well being.
- Coaching Into Care – www.mirecc.va.gov/coaching/ This VA help line provides support and problem solving assistance for family members and others concerned about a Veteran, coaching with family member about how to talk to Veterans about seeking VA care, referrals for care for Veterans and family members, and information about available programs or enrolling inVA Care.
- Families Anonymous – www.familiesanonymous.org FA is not drug, alcohol, or behavior specific. Members focus on themselves—on their recovery from codependency and on changing any of their attitudes and behaviors (e.g., denial, enabling, rescuing, controlling, manipulating, and a whole range of other crippling actions and emotions) that prevent their own recovery and that of their addicted loved ones.
- Federal Guide for Veterans, Dependents and Survivors: 2011 Edition Federal Benefits for Veterans, Dependents and Survivors: 2011 Edition This quick link will take you to detailed and up-to-date information regarding Veterans benefits.
- Fisher House – www.fisherhouse.org. Fisher House Foundation continues to support existing Fisher Houses and help individual military families in need. They also administer and sponsor Scholarships for Military Children, the Hero Miles program, and co-sponsor the Newman’s Own Award.
- Hope for the Warriors – www.hopeforthewarriors.org. The mission of Hope For The Warriors® is to enhance quality of life for U.S. service members and their families nationwide who have been adversely affected by injuries or death in the line of duty. Hope For The Warriors® actively seeks to ensure that the sacrifices of wounded and fallen warriors and their families are never forgotten nor their needs unmet. Includes assistance for “immediate needs”, “family assistance”, “warriors wish”, etc.
- Make the Connection – http://maketheconnection.net/ Another new website launched by the VA that is easy to navigate and is loaded with some great information…we like it because it has a lot of similarity to ours:-) It’s called Make the Connection and has some really helpful resources and information about invisible wounds of war and how to identify, get help and understand them better.
- Military Family Support – www.militaryfamilysupport.org. Military Family Support speaks up on behalf of military families and empower husbands, wives, and children to understand and access their benefits. They provide military members and their families with insightful recommendations, innovative programs, and grassroots efforts to better the quality of life for military families. Helpful links listed at the bottom of the home page.
- Purple Star Families – www.purplestarfamilies.org A vision of connecting veterans and families to community resources and advocating for positive change in the post mobilization process for combat veterans.
- Operation Heal our Patriot – https://www.samaritanspurse.org/education-2/ohop-application/ Operation Heal Our Patriots gives wounded veterans and their spouses the opportunity for spiritual refreshment, physical renewal, and marriage enrichment. Couples participate in Biblically based seminars that help strengthen their relationships with God and others and enjoy the beauty of God’s creation with outdoor activities at our Alaskan wilderness lodge.
- Operation First Response – www.operationfirstresponse.org
For many veterans and families, the financial hardship begins quickly and for others it is after the domino effect of extra costs and lost wages. At whatever stage a veteran is in, OFR is committed to doing all they can to support them. An application is on line.
- Operation We Are Here – http://www.operationwearehere.com/ A website of resources for veterans and families identified by specific needs on the home page.
- Quality of Life Foundation – www.qolfoundation.org. Their mission is to honor and serve the families of our severely injured combat service members by helping them face the intense, life-changing challenges unique to their situations.
- Real Warriors – www.realwarriors.net Real Warriors understands military families — they face real battles that call for real strength. Learn how to prepare a pre-deployment checklist, gather important documents and identify community and military resources, and even find tips on helping your children cope with Mom or Dad’s separation. Helpful information for “Caring for Self” for families of veterans.
- Rebuild Hope – www.rebuildhope.org. Rebuild Hope offers an immediate and easy away to help these OEF/OIF families. Our one-of-a-kind, national network “connects” donors to beneficiaries, and we provide complementary services that increase the veteran’s odds of success. Rebuild Hope also recognizes their personal sacrifices and efforts to rebuild their lives by sharing their personal stories.
- Red Cross – www.redcross.org Go to “Getting Assistance” and click on “Military Families” to find out about the resources that are offered by the red cross with regard to counseling and other social service needs or call 1-877-272-7337.
- Sitter City – www.sittercity.com/dod This website is for active duty and reserve component military and family members. The membership is free, but there is a fee for the services, however these are services that include child care, housekeeping, elder care, animal care from providers that have been screened through the service which assists the family in feeling a sense of confidence in resources in their area.
- Support Your Vet – http://www.supportyourvet.org/ A veteran’s experiences in Iraq and Afghanistan are unimaginable, and returning home isn’t always easy. As a family member or friend of a veteran, you have the power to help, but knowing where to start can be difficult. This site provides “user friendly” tips for families and friends to welcome warriors home.
- Tragedy Assistance Program for Survivors – www.taps.org. TAPS is the 24/7 tragedy assistance resource for ANYONE who has suffered the loss of a military loved one, regardless of the relationship to the deceased or the circumstance of the death.
- VA Caregiver Support – http://www.caregiver.va.gov/ VA knows your focus as a Family Caregiver is taking care of the Veteran you love. It can be an incredibly demanding job, and we want you to know you don’t have to do it alone. Learn more about the support and services VA offers Family Caregivers or by calling 1-855-260-3274.
Camp Patriot www.CampPatriot.org Established in 2006, Camp Patriot is a 5-Star rated, 501c3 non-profit organization that has transformed the lives of hundreds of wounded and disabled veterans. This important task has been accomplished by fostering trusted relationships created through our unique outdoor programs. Each program is specifically designed to deliver a powerful “life transformation”. Click on “Activities and Events” to view current information about upcoming events.
Gratitude America http://www.gratitudeamerica.org/ Gratitude America Military Support Retreats are a breakthrough, NO COST, 4-day immersive and intensive experience designed to help combat veterans and their supporters make peace with their past so they can begin planning for their new mission at home
Hearts of Valor www.heartsofvalor.org Hearts of ValorTM seeks to honor the service and sacrifice of the women who care for our nation’s wounded, ill or injured warriors by providing a community of support based on a foundation of empathy and mutual understanding. Hearts of Valor is a network of people caring for wounded, ill or injured service members, created and maintained by Operation Homefront.
Lone Survivor Foundation http://www.lonesurvivorfoundation.org The Lone Survivor Foundation Ranch Retreats are designed to focus on serving America’s wounded warrior along with their families as a unit. The retreats are hosted by experienced therapists with the incorporation of activities such as Equine Therapy, fishing and team-building exercises. The Ranch setting provides ample opportunity for relaxation as it is the intent of the Lone Survivor Foundation to provide participants with a healthy environment to learn from others, expand the understand of each persons experiences and develop methods to move beyond negative impacts that may have resulted from deployments or service to America’s Armed Forces. Click on “Attend A Retreat” on the home page to find out how to sign up!
National Veterans Wellness and Healing Center www.veteranswellnessandhealing.org The natural setting of Angel Fire in the Sangre de Cristo mountains of New Mexico, is the perfect location to bring couples to a place where healing in nature is optimal. The Veteran couples experience Native American hand washing ceremony and storytelling of the warrior culture. These retreats are only possible with the help from our generous donors and grant funding.
Operation Heal our Patriots https://www.samaritanspurse.org/education-2/ohop-application/ Operation Heal Our Patriots gives wounded veterans and their spouses the opportunity for spiritual refreshment, physical renewal, and marriage enrichment. Couples participate in Biblically based seminars that help strengthen their relationships with God and others and enjoy the beauty of God’s creation with outdoor activities at our Alaskan wilderness lodge.
Operation Restored Warrior www.operationrestoredwarrior.org Operation Restored Warrior Our mission is to raise up these wounded warriors to speak, share, and move with courage and certainty in order that those held captive to their life experiences may be released.
Project Sanctuary https://projectsanctuary.us/ All military/veteran families who contact Project Sanctuary, or who are referred to them, are first assessed to determine if they need support and services now (i.e., immediate help) or if they may be scheduled for a retreat. Both options are geared toward reconnecting the families to each other and to their communities. All services provided are intended to help the families thrive today and into the future. All of our services are provided free of charge to participating military families.
Waves of Life – Retreats for gold star parents, veterans and civilians who have lost a child. http://wavesofhope.life/
Note: VFU provides this comprehensive view of healing techniques for your convenience, but does not endorse nor recommend any specific technique. VFU does not guarantee results or outcomes from any of the materials listed on this website.
Originally posted 2019-04-30 09:28:42.